VSL is a dietary supplement that is effective to help many digestive conditions associated with diarrhea, constipation, bloating and gas.
VSL#3 Probiotics 60 caps 112.5 Billion Strains
VSL#3 Probiotics 60 caps 112.5 Billion Strains
Shipping Weight: 0.72 pounds
Handling Fee: Special Handling required for shipping cold item
VSL#3® capsules by Alfasigma is probiotic dietary supplement that helps in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, pouchitis, or an ileal pouch.
When you take several different bacterial strains at the same time, paying attention to their specified ratios this results in many benefits that isn't the same as when taking single-strain probiotics.Does VSL really improve symptoms in patients with IBS? YES It Does!
Does VSL#3 really improve symptoms in patients with Ulcerative Colitis? YES It Does!
To read about a study showing improvement in immune functions and decrease in inflammation in people suffering with ulcerative colitis.
Read testimonials from people who use VSL#3 effectively
Get 10% off your Probiotic when you add Perfect Pass Prebiotic to your basket. Place both items in your basket to automatically receive the discount. No coupon needed.
- Magnify the strength of your probiotics
- Just add to water - no taste, no odor
- Reduce inflammation and help repair gut damage
- Made from PHGG Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum that is guaranteed to have no side effects like Inulin & FOS or feed bad bacteria.
Note: This is one bottle of 60 capsules. Each capsule contains 112.5 billion strains.
Eight strains of live freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria:
-L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus
hydroxypropyl-methylcellulose (= 00 size vegetarian capsule)
microcrystalline cellulose (Manufactured in Italy)
VSL#3 is Gluten free
Dairy free (Manufactured in Italy)
Refrigeration of VSL#3 preserves the live bacteria & helps to maintain the high potency. VSL#3 is manufactured with a carefully designed formulation of billions of bacteria that maintain vitality.
The new, patented cap on the VSL capsule bottle is able to prevents heat, light, moisture and any contamination from coming in to the bottle. This is the reason that it no longer needs a second seal on the capsule bottle.
Serving Size and Dosage for VSL3: Each serving (2 capsules) contain at least 225 billion live probiotic bacteria. Each bottle contains 60 capsules. Each individual capsule contains at least 112.5 billion live probiotic bacteria
Recommended dosage: 2-8 capsules daily depending on condition.
The capsules can be swallowed whole or opened and the contents can be mixed into beverages and foods like the powder in packets.
VSL#3 should not be mixed with hot drinks or foods, as heat may inactivate the bacteria.
Once added to food, VSL#3 ought to be consumed immediately.
Please note: Though the manufacturer allows VSL#3 to be stored for two weeks at room temperature and exposed to heat, we take extra care to ship VSL#3 with thermal and an ice pack. We only ship VSL#3 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, unless Overnight or Second Day Air is selected. Though we do not recommend shipping VSL on Thursday, or Friday, we can, if necessary, and requested.
In summer months, consider using upgrading shipping to ensure cold delivery.What size are the VSL#3 capsules?
The capsule is size “00” with a dimension of 7/8 x 5/16 of an inch (23.30mm x 8.18mm)
Other VSL OptionsVSL#3 60 caps 112.5 billion bacteria 2 pack
VSL#3 Unflavored 30 packets containing 450 billion bacteria strains
Shelf Life: Two years from manufacturing date when stored properly (36-46° F or 2-8° C)
Storage: All types of VSL#3 should be refrigerated (36-46° F or 2-8° C). VSL#3 may be stored at room temperature (77° F) for up to two weeks without adversely affecting potency.
VSL is the answer to my digestion challenges. - Anonymous
When I can't stick to a clean diet these do the trick. - Ava
I have been using VSL for 2 years now and my colitis is completely under control as long as I stay on my diet and take VSL religeously every day. - Anonymous
VSL has been an amazing find for me. - Anonymous
VSL has helped my IBS symptoms for 3 months now. - Anonymous
Read All Reviews
Login and write a review or Write an anonymous review
According to Medicine.net, a probiotic is "a microbe that protects its host and prevents disease."
VSL#3 studies show that:
- VSL#3 provides a protective barrier in the intestinal digestive system.
- The way VSL#3 works by taking hold or colonizing in the digestive tract with an ideal number and type of probiotic or good bacteria. These good flora, stick to the walls of the gut wall and actually form a protective barrier on the inner layer of the digestive tract that protects it from pathogens. Bad bacteria, yeast and other organisms give off toxic substances and these can result in a lessening in the number as well as the type of bacteria in the intestine. This affect people's intestinal health dramatically.
- There are thousand of billions of bacteria that live in the human intestinal tract. These bacteria are called commensal bacteria. We can modify the gut flora in a positive way by literally 'flooding' the GI tract with 'loading' doses i.e. extremely large numbers of probiotic bacteria. VSL#3 is a probiotic preparation that does deliver enough good flora (bacteria) to benefit the GI tract in patients with serious intestinal disorders.
- They have shown that VSL#3 probiotic bacteria definitely make it all the way through the digestive tract, even if some amount is lost during transit.
VSL#3 Education Links:
- Effects of probiotic therapy in critically ill patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Bacterial and fungal microbiota in relation to probiotic therapy VSL#3 for inflammation of the ileal pouch.
- Prevention of radiation-induced diarrhea with the use of VSL#3, a new high-potency probiotic preparation.