Enzymes initiate many chemical reactions in your body. These protein-like substances help maintain tissues, orchestrate many body functions and digest food.
Enzymes can be broken down into three categories:
- Metabolic Enzymes spark reactions inside the cells of our body. Our organs, tissues and cells do not function without the help and direction of these enzymes.
- Digestive Enzymes are secreted by our pancreas to break down the nutrients in our food.
- Food Enzymes are supplied through what we eat and break down foods before digestive enzymes are called upon. All cooked and processed foods have no food enzymes.
Dr Pam recommends:
- Perfect Pass Digestive Enzymes. This is a broad spectrum digestive enzyme formula that can be used with meals to help digest the food, but also in between meals that helps repair the gut lining.
- Garden of Life OmegaZyme Ultra Digestive Enzymes. The ultimate high potency, broad spectrum digestive enzyme formula has 21 different digestive enzymes to help process proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and difficult to digest foods.
- Garden of Life OmegaZyme Digestive Enzymes Powder. This Garden of Life Omegazyme also has more lipase for fat digestion than leading brands.
- Wobenzym N 800 Tabs Garden of Life is made up of systemic enzymes to help reduce aches, pains and muscle tenderness. It is a natural anti-inflammatory with many additional health benefits.
- Vegiezymes Digestive Plant Enzymes 120 caps An acid stable balanced enzyme for optimum activity. All living tissue depends on enzymes to make things happen and they are the most difficult metabolic factors to obtain from our food.