Fungal diseases can affect anyone. Learning about them can help you and your doctor recognize the symptoms and help prevent serious complications.
Fungal diseases are often caused by fungi that are common and normally, live in a healthy balance with other microorganisms including bacteria and yeasts. Certain conditions can cause fungi to multiply, weakening the immune system and cause infection. Since fungi travel through the bloodstream to many parts of the body, symptoms may manifest as Candida, vaginitis, thrush, food allergies, bowel disorders, ear and sinus irritation and intense itching.
Dr Pam recommends:
- Genova Microbiology Test or Doctors Data test (DDA1700) identifies a wide range of fungal infections in your system.
- We see good results using Oreganol and Garden of Life Fungal Defense, followed by OMX Probiotics. These kill the membrane of the Candida cell.
- PerfectPass Probiotic is a spore bacillus probiotic formula designed to encourage diversity of good bacteria and clean up bad bacteria in the bowel as well as support the immune system. Also consider using Perfect Pass Prebiotic which is the natural fertilizer for the spore probiotic and makes a perfect combination.
- Another probiotic option is Garden of Life Primal Defense - this formula is designed to optimize the digestive, bowel and immune systems with a unique whole food soil based Homeostatic Soil Organism (HSO) blend.
- Tanalbit by Intensive Nutrition is another powerful anti-fungal to consider that restores normal gastro-intestinal function.
- Many people use Citricidal Anti Microbial Grapefruit seed extract as it is a powerful anti-microbial that acts against a lot of pathogenic organisms like bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- The Candida Cookbook is an excellent guide to help eliminate foods that feed yeast.
- Support Supplements that are often used are Vitamin B Complex and essential fatty acids.