In this “pop-a-pill” culture, non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have become an habitual part of life.
Sold over the counter or by prescription -- aspirin, Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil etc.) and naproxen (Aleve) are taken for everything from headaches and joint pain to menstrual cramps and Crohn’s disease. But long term usage of NSAIDS comes at a huge cost.
NSAIDS can cause gastric erosions which often leads to ulcers and even hemorrhage. This risk increases 20 times in patients over 75 years old. Other possible dangers include: exacerbating asthma, causing kidney damage, and except in the case of aspirin, increasing the chances for a heart attack and stroke.
Natural anti-inflammatories are an excellent alternative to NSAIDS and have no side effects. Choose from a wide variety of excellent and effective supplements.
Dr. Pam Recommends:
- Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme that is effective against all types of inflammation, eases pain and swelling and most important, has no gastro-intestinal side effects.
- Garden of Life FYI (For Your Inflammation), has been clinically proven to reduce inflammation associated with Crohn’s Disease, colitis, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. FYI includes natural compounds that maintain normal joint function.
- Perfect Pass Digestive Enzyme (PSN3000) when taken IN BETWEEN meals, will reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and also result in long term wide-spread antiinflammatory effects of the whole body.
- Aloe Complete Berry Whole Leaf Concentrate is derived through a patented process that maximizes the potency and delivers all the anti-inflammatory benefits of the amazing aloe.
- Metagenics UltraInflamX is a medical food formulated for people who experience pain and inflammation associated with Inflammatory Bowel Disease like Crohn’s and Colitis.
- Wobenzyn N is a natural anti-inflammatory that also reduces surgical bruising and edema. By lowering C-reactive protein it also reduces the chance of heart attack and stroke.
- Other excellent antiinflammatories to consider are Nordic Naturals Essential Fatty Acids and O'Leave (OLE1000)