How does Garden of Life's Primal Defense compare with other probiotics?
- Even if they manage to get through the destructive stomach acids, most probiotics supplements can have a hard time implanting in colons that are pH imbalanced or have too many harmful bacteria. HSOs are designed to implant in ANY colonic environment. The Ultrazorbe - Microflora Delivery System makes sure that the HSO probiotics in Primal defense colonize throughout the digestive tract where they can work effectively.
- The probiotics contained in Garden of Life's Primal Defense are grown and incorporated into a living whole food substrate using the Poten-Zyme process. This places the bacteria in a familiar environment, allowing them to thrive on their long journey through the GI tract. Most probiotics on the market today will grow bacteria and then, in a centrifuge, separate them from their substrate. The substrate is as important as the probiotics themselves.
- Many probiotics have included fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in their product. FOS is an indigestible sugar that may cause digestive disturbances in certain individuals. Garden of Life's Primal Defense contains no FOS.
- Since most probiotic supplements contain live cultures, they are temperature and age sensitive; therefore requiring refrigeration. If room temperature can begin to degrade these probiotics, imagine what the warm human body will do. The HSOs in Primal Defense are dormant in the caplet and activated by fluids. Primal Defense from Garden of Life requires no refrigeration.
- Many probiotics on the market measure their potency in colony forming units (CFU). In Garden of Life's Primal Defense, it's not the quantity of probiotics, it's the QUALITY. The probiotics in Primal Defense are hardy and are designed to resist heat, cold, stomach acid, chlorine, fluorine, ascorbic acid and bile. The efficacy of a probiotic should be based upon the ability of the product to "ferment on" foods.
Suggested use of Garden of Life's Primal Defense:
- Adults may take 1 caplet or scoop of Primal Defense 3 times per day with 8 oz of water or juice.
- For advanced usage, gradually increase dosage of Primal Defense to 6-12 per day for at least 90 days, (to allow the microorganisms to fully colonize)
- Gradually decrease to desired maintenance level of 3 per day.
- Primal Defense is best taken on an empty stomach.
- Primal Defense is safe for all ages.
- Primal Defense is great for pets.
- To avoid rapid detoxification start with 1 caplet per day and gradually increase to the desired amount.
Garden of Life
Primal Defense ULTRA
The Ultimate Probiotic Formula