What are prebiotics?
A prebiotic is a fiber. The fiber is found in foods like chicory, garlic, and Jerusalem artichokes.
Here’s why prebiotics are so powerful:
The good bacteria in your gut thrive on this specific type of soluble fiber.
That means, when you take prebiotics, you selectively help the good bacteria in your gut thrive--without helping the harmful bacteria.When you take probiotics, you give your gut “more good bacteria.”
Prebiotics, on the other hand, are not bacteria, but “food for your existing good bacteria.”
- Prebiotics are the answer to a healthy digestive system.
- They are the best food for your probiotics. Why? They are the 'fertilizer' that helps them grow.
- Prebiotic is soluble fiber that stimulates the growth of beneficial gut microbiota.
- This is very different from insoluble fiber, which the human digestive system can't digest. Insoluble fiber has the ability to speed up the process of elimination but it doesn't really contribute nutritionally in the way that soluble fiber does.
- Perfect Pass Prebiotic is made of PHGG -partially hydrolyzed guar gum. This type of soluble fiber ferments slowly and is ideal to maintain a healthy microbiome.
- Prebiotics help increase diversity of your probiotics. Diversity makes for a healthy digestive tract.
Read how PHGG Helps Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Read The Role of PHGG as a dietary fiber