What is Chlorophyll?
Chlorophyll is the molecule that gives plants and algae their green pigment and traps sunlight for photosynthesis.
But….did you know chlorophyll has amazing benefits for people?
Chlorophyll is found in leafy green veggies such as arugula, wheat grass, leeks, parsley, kale, swiss chard spinach and sprouts. Other sources include blue green algae, chlorella and spirulina.
Chlorophyll has a ton of benefits:
- Oxygenates blood
- Increases the absorption of iron
- Builds blood
- Strengthens your immune system
- Promotes rapid healing of skin lesions and ulcers
- Stops the growth of bacteria
- Reduces insomnia
- Benefits the heart
- Improves blood pressure
- Improves inflammation
- Removes harmful impurities and toxins
- Binds to and flushes out heavy metals such as mercury
- Reduces the harmful effects of radiation and helps eliminate pesticide and drug deposits from the body
- Promotes healthy digestion by maintaining intestinal flora and stimulating bowel movements
- Eliminates the symptoms of oral infections and calms inflamed and bleeding gums
Chlorophyll can be supplemented by taking capsules or by adding liquid chlorophyll to juice or water.