Asian Inspired Ground Chicken Lettuce wraps are delicious. These ground chicken lettuce wraps are an Asian-inspired dish that has many, many delicious flavors in it. As in this recipes the chicken may be put in lettuce. However, its possible to use any kind of wrap, tacos or even over a salad.
This Asian style ground chicken lettuce wraps recipe is very simple and very easy to make. Your whole family will love it as much as mine does. The number of servings will depend on if this is an appetizer or main course that you may be serving and also how big you make each of them.
Asian inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Meal Type: Lunch or dinner
Level of difficulty: Easy
Prep time: 20 minutes- instead of chopping vegetables finely with a knife, I used my electric chopper which saved a lot of time.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Original recipe makes 6 servings
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
2 tablespoons soy sauce/Braggs aminos
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (chili sauce)
1/3 cup bottle plum sauce
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
3 scallions (spring onions), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped finely
1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews (or peanuts)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Coat a large pan with a dash of olive oil or coconut oil.
2. Add all vegetables – carrots, celery, spring onion, ginger, bell pepper, water chest nuts, and garlic. Let vegetables simmer in pan until soft.
3. Add ground chicken to vegetables. Keep stirring and breaking chicken into a fine crumble so chicken does not get lumpy. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add plum sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and chili paste and stir to coat.
6. Reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked.
7. Clean lettuce and present on a dish.
8. When serving chicken in lettuce wrap, sprinkle cilantro and cashews.