Dr. Pamela Nathan DHM L.Ac. has been delivering health to your front door since 1998. Happy patients in over 78 countries. Want an Appointment? Book Now

Free Shipping Over $69**

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.

Special Doctors for People with Dysbiosis

People with Dysbiosis suffer from a gut bacteria problem. Their intestines have become overrun with bad bacteria, and a bacterial imbalance has likely led to discomfort and the inability to properly absorb nutrients.

If you think you suffer from dysbiosis, there are several doctors you can turn to. You might want to start out by speaking with your family doctor, or your primary care physician, to get a clear diagnosis. From there, your doctor may recommend you see a specialist, who will offer further treatment options for you if necessary.

The following are some of the special doctors for people with dysbiosis. Consider consulting with one or more of these doctors to get a handle on your condition, and finally receive the treatment you need to be healthy.

Family Medicine Doctor

A family medicine doctor is often a primary care doctor. These doctors can diagnose dysbiosis and offer some treatment for people with the condition. A primary medical doctor typically has gone to medical school for 4 years and has at least 3 years of residency behind him. He is trained to diagnose a variety of health conditions and diseases for adults and children. Primary medicine doctors may further specialize in areas like geriatric medicine (the care of older adults) and sports medicine (for people who have sports injuries).


An internist is another health professional who can diagnose and treat dysbiosis. An internist is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of adults. Many internists specialize in fields like gastroenterology, allergy and immunology, adolescent medicine, endocrinology, and rheumatology.


A gastroenterologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system. They often treat people with dysbiosis, Crohn’s disease, IBS, and colon and rectal cancer. A gastroenterologist can consult with surgeons to treat advanced negative conditions of the gut. Typically, a gastroenterologist will perform specialized tests in his or her office, such as endoscopies, to confirm a dysbiosis diagnosis and evaluate options for the least-invasive treatment.

Copyright © 2018 Ecology Health Center / Crohns.net - HealthyLifeUSA.