The Honey Bees make some fabulous products that are beneficial for our health; bee pollen, raw honey and propolis. Propolis is one of the lesser known bee products.
What is Propolis?
Since prehistoric time bees have been perfecting the creation of a substance known as propolis to line and protect the interior of their hives. Due to its antioxidant properties, the propolis-coating results in a near sterile environment which ensures survival for the next generation of bees.
This amazing resource from the bees has great health benefits.
Propolis extract can be used therapeutically as a healing salve, analgesic, anesthetic and anti-inflammatory. It has anti-viral properties as well.
Therapeutic Uses For Propolis:
- Common Cold and Sore Throat: Propolis extracts may be helpful in preventing and shortening the duration of the common cold.
- Cold Sores: Apply propolis ointment to the cold sore four times per day to reduce the duration
- Female Infertility and Endometriosis: Those taking propolis had a pregnancy success rate of 60% compared to 20% taking the placebo
- Genital Herpes: reduces outbreaks when applied to the lesions
- Yeast Infection: reduces duration and onset
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: applied as a topical to reduce inflammation and pain
- Parasites: research shows that those who took propolis experienced a 52 to 60 percent rate of successful elimination of the parasite giardiasis.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: ingredients derived from propolis; Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester (CAPE) , a honeybee product, inhibits growth of breast cancer stem cells. Pub Med August 2012.
- We recommend Dr. Ohhira’s Propolis Plus; It uses the most potent propolis; Brazilian Green Propolis.(BGP) It is potent because of the hardy Africanized honeybees that craft it. Brazilian Green Propolis is considered the Gold Standard of bee propolis worldwide.
In addition to the BGP, this formula contains additional therapeutic ingredients.
Key Ingredients in Dr. Ohhira’s Propolis Plus
Astaxanthin – a complete antioxidant extracted from Haematococcus seaweed, this red carotenoid produces a highly absorbent ester form capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier. Astaxanthin delivers antioxidant benefits throughout the entire body.
Probiotic Support – Powdered form of our fermented vegetable extract for GI tract digestive support
Vitamin E – Additional antioxidant support for overall cellular health
Flax Oil – Healthy Omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs), which promote balanced immune response and support the body’s natural sys