Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), also known as spastic colitis, reacts well to homeopathic remedies in many cases. This functional disorder of the intestines causes recurrent abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence, and diarrhea in most individuals diagnosed with the condition, so gentle remedies like homeopathic IBS treatments are a welcome relief for many people.
There is no definitive cause for IBS, but it’s widely thought to be brought on by emotional instability. Young men and women who have deep-seated and unresolved emotional issues are prone to getting functional disorder. Since the intestines are sensitive and react to emotional stress, a top remedy for this is stress management.
In combination with a healthy management of everyday stressors, homeopathic remedies may be used to ease and relieve symptoms. Many people who turn to homeopathy for IBS find that they effectively cure their conditions.
The following are some homeopathic remedies for IBS that have proved to be successful in many individuals:
- Argentum nitricum – For the treatment of gastrointestinal conditions that are accompanied by anxiety.
- Arsenicum album – For severe abdominal pain and the treatment of psychosomatic conditions.
- Cantharis – To relieve intestinal spasms and burning in the intestinal tract.
- Chin – To treat watery diarrhea, fatigue, and dehydration.
- Colocynthis – For the treatment of IBS when severe pains have a person doubling over.
Like other homeopathic remedies, these substances work under the assumption that distinct dilutions of substances have a demonstratable effect on living organisms under laboratory conditions. These homeopathic remedies for IBS affect the human body by “training” it slowly to recognize a harmful substance and ultimately know how to fight it.
Homeopathy works on the physical body and on the emotional body. Homeopathic remedies that are right for the physical and mental condition can restore gut health and balance. For more information about about Homeopathic Remedies for Crohns and other stomach issues get out our blog and resource pages.