Colitis is a condition of the gut that affects men and women, most of whom are between the ages of 15 and 35. Its cause is unknown, but many experts suggest that the disease is bacterial in nature. Colitis causes extreme abdominal and rectal pain in many sufferers. It can, thankfully, be made less painful and even cured with homeopathic remedies.
Whether a person responds to traditional homeopathic remedies depends on many factors. But these natural remedies can be used by most individuals to try to gain an upper hand on the disease. Colitis is a disease that some say may be immune system related, so taking homeopathic remedies to boost the immune system makes sense for people who have it.
The following are some of the leading homeopathic remedies for colitis:
- Aloe – For treating involuntary fecal discharge, stomach cramps, and bleeding diarrhea.
- Arsenicum album – For the treatment of ulcerative colitis associated with burning abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and anxiety.
- Carbo vegetabilis – An effective remedy to treat intestinal gas.
- Cologynthis – To relieve severe intestinal spasms and pain. Also relieves diarrhea.
- Cuprum aceticum – For relief of gastrointestinal cramps and discolored diarrhea in children.
- China – For use in treating loose and watery stools.
- Ferrum metallicum – To regenerate new red blood cells when this disease is associated with anemia.
- Ingatia – To treat ulcerative colitis that is accompanied by diarrhea associated with stress.
- Mercurius corrosivus – An effective remedy to treat burning ulcers of the intestines.
- Nitricum acidum – To repair ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract, hemorrhoids, and anal fissures.
A serious chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, colitis requires the supervision of a medical profession. But symptoms can be addressed with homeopathic remedies like the ones we’ve mentioned to give a patient a gentle approach to wellbeing.