Why Reg’ Activ Probiotics?
Reg´Activ Probiotic products contain the revolutionary probiotic strain Lactobacillus Fermentum ME-3 that is able to produce the super antioxidant, Glutathione.
Why is Glutathione so important?
- Glutathione is critical for antioxidant defense and detox
- It reduces free radicals
We all make glutathione naturally but it’s often depleted because of:
- environmental stress
- poor diet
- drinking alcohol
- taking prescription drugs
- taking pain relievers like acetaminophen
Even in healthy individuals, the body begins to produce less glutathione as it ages.
After the age of 20 glutathione declines at about 1% per year.
This ME-3 strain is a relatively ‘newly discovered’ probiotic strain. It is now patented for it’s special ability to boost glutathione levels. It is a multi-tasking probiotic strain.
The glutathione-boosting aspect is not typical of most probiotics.
ME-3 raises glutathione naturally and intracellulary.
There are 3 different formulas to choose from:
- One is for heart health,
- another for immune function and
- another for liver and detoxification.
Researchers have linked glutathione deficiency to a range of disorders, including liver disease, cystic fibrosis,Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, heart attack, stroke and diabetes.
More about the Lactobacillus Fermentum ME-3 Strain:
In 1995, award-winning microbiologist Marika Mikelsaar, MD, PhD and her team of research scientists at the University of Tartu, Estonia isolated a unique probiotic strain.
They found this strain present in the children of Estonia who had the most balanced immune systems. Since this discovery Dr. Mikelsaar has been dedicated to researching the benefits of this strain further.
The most important of all her findings was that this strain, Lactobacillus Fermentum ME-3, was able to help our bodies naturally produce glutathione.
In continued studies by Mikelsaar, a number of other benefits have been found:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Acts as an antimicrobial agent
- Supresses pathogenic food contaminants such as Salmonella, Shigella and Staphylococcus
- Reduces urinary tract infections caused by E. coli.
- Increases antioxidative activity of the blood
- Defends against oxidative stress