Why Protein Powders Made from Peas Have the Most Health Benefits
Proteins powders have a lot of great benefits. They are appetite suppressants, energy boosters, and provide multiple nutrients your diet may be lacking.
Does walking down the grocery aisle looking for protein powder leave you feeling anxious? There are so many to choose from, it’s hard to know which ones perform the best.
Protein powders comprised of a pea and rice blend such as Metagenics UltraInflamX Plus 360 are the ones we recommend to most of our clients.
Metagenics UltraInflamX Plus is a medical food formulated specifically for those people with compromised gut function resulting from ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and other inflammatory bowel disorders. This formula contains pea protein along with rice protein to provide all the macro and micro nutrients your body needs.
Pea Protein is a great alternative to whey protein. Not only is it hypoallergenic but it also has one of the best plant-based amino acid profiles. The amino acid profiles of pea and rice complement each other making a very powerful nutrient dense protein powder, far healthier than any single blend of milk-based protein like whey.
Pea Protein offers numerous health benefits:
- Pea protein contains an excellent profile of both essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Pea protein is a particularly good source of arginine which sends signals to your muscle cells, encouraging them to grow
- Pea protein helps promote fat metabolism.
- Pea protein is pure, no chemicals are used during the making of pea protein, only water.
- Doesn’t increase cholesterol levels like animal proteins which can cause heart problems over long-term consumption.
- Pea protein is free from lactose and gluten making it a great protein powder for people with food allergies and sensitivities.
- Pea Protein is rich in Iron
Just a few more reasons to try Metagenics pea based protein powder:
It’s NON-GMO, costs less than all animal proteins and is gentle on the planet.
To maximize the use of your new protein powder, you can adding it to your smoothie at different times throughout the day. We recommend:
- Consuming 45 minutes before workouts, and within 15 minutes after workouts. This gives your body the nutrients it needs to build muscle, burn fat, and recover.
- Take 1 serving upon waking up each day and right before going to bed. Aside from increasing your protein intake, this will help curb hunger pains and give your body very high quality nutrients to function properly.
- Take pea protein powder between regular meals to help reach your daily protein intake.
Whether you are using protein powder as a meal replacement, snack, or a post-workout drink, adding a high-quality protein supplement will help meet your daily protein, vitamin and nutrient needs.