Need Relief From Allergies? Test For leaky Gut
A leaky gut refers to intestinal permeability, or the movement of toxins and undigested food particles through the intestinal lining into the bloodstream.
The intestinal lining can become damaged due to many factors:
- persistent inflammation (often the case after vaccinations due to mercury or other toxic exposure),
- overgrowth of Candida/yeast
- chemicals in processed food
- food dyes
- enzyme deficiency
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen),
- prescription corticosteroids
- diet of highly refined carbohydrates; cookies, pasta, bread and processed foods
- chemotherapy and radiation treatments
All of these things are contributing factors to what is known as “leaky gut.”
Once the lining of the intestinal tract is compromised food particles begin to seep through into the bloodstream. These undigested proteins and fats can be seen by the immune system as foreign invaders to attack. This can result in autoimmune disorders, developed allergies, and inflamed organs and tissues of the body and brain. This is how we develop allergies to foods that we previously were not allergic to.
Available At-Home Testing for Leaky Gut
Uncomfortable procedures to check for gut inflammation are a thing of the past. Today there are convenient, at-home tests for multiple issues. Genova, at-home, diagnostic tests offer a multitude of various tests to assess numerous issues from inflammation to intestinal permeability, parasitology, and much more.
Tests can be done with a simple stool, urine, or saliva sample. They can give information about IgA antibodies (gluten allergens), fungus, and more.
These tests can be done from home, are mailed off to the lab, and results come to you via e-mail. There are qualified professionals available to help you with the results.