Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS is a mix of belly discomfort or pain and trouble with bowel habits: either going more or less often than normal (diarrhea or constipation) or having a different kind of stool (thin, hard, or soft and liquid).
It’s not life-threatening, and it doesn't make you more likely to get other colon conditions, such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, or colon cancer. But IBS can be a long-lasting problem that changes how you live your life. People with IBS may miss work or school more often, and they may feel less able to take part in daily activities. Some people may need to change their work setting: shifting to working at home, changing hours, or even not working at all.
What Are the Symptoms of IBS?
People with IBS have symptoms that can include:
- Diarrhea (often described as violent episodes of diarrhea)
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Belly pains or cramps, usually in the lower half of the belly, that get worse after meals and feel better after a bowel movement
- A lot of gas or bloating
- Harder or looser stools than normal (pellets or flat ribbon stools)
- A belly that sticks out
Stress can make symptoms worse.
IBS -- or irritable bowel syndrome. Could it be what you've got? And how will your doctor find out?
There are some tests that help figure out what's going on and supplements to take care of your problems.
Dr. Pamela Nathan Recommends:
1. CDSA 2.0 Digestive Stool Analysis & Parasitology - "gold-standard" Genova Lab analysis of digestive function and gut microbial ecology offers comprehensive non invasive risk assessment for colorectal cancer, differential diagnosis between inflammatory bowel disease (i.e. crohns disease and ulcerative colitis), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), reliable assessment of exocrine pancreatic function, and expanded yeast and parasite detection.
2. Perfect Pass ProBiotic and PreBiotic - Prebiotics & Probiotics together and improve the diversity of your good bacteria daily
3. OmegaZyme Ultra Digestive Enzymes - high-activity digestive enzyme formula with a broad spectrum of 21 digestive enzymes, supporting more complete digestion of food for gastrointestinal health, regularity and normal bowel function
4. Primal Defense Ultra - supports normal intestinal comfort and function‚ and promotes healthy intestinal elimination regularity and consistency
5. UltraInflamX Plus 360° - Advanced Support for the Nutritional Management of Compromised Gut Function in IBD
6. Propolis Plus - Dr. Ohhira combined Brazilian green propolis with probiotic support, flax oil, and astaxanthin to create an innovative whole health supplement