What causes gastritis?
Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the lining of the stomach. it can occur suddenly or gradually.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are no symptoms. However, the most common symptoms include:
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting blood or coffee ground-like material
- Black, tarry stools
What causes gastritis?
Gastritis can be caused by irritation due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress, or the use of certain medications, such as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs. It may also be caused by any of the following:
If gastritis is left untreated, it can lead to a severe loss of blood and may increase the risk of developing stomach cancer.
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): A bacteria that lives in the mucous lining of the stomach; without treatment, the infection can lead to ulcers, and in some people, stomach cancer.
- Bile reflux: A backflow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract that connects to the liver and gallbladder
- Infections caused by bacteria and viruses
Dr. Pamela Nathan Recommends:
1. Comprehensive Parasitology Profile - most technologically advanced procedures to accurately identify a wide range of protozoal parasites, including amoebae, flagellates, ciliates, coccidia and microsporidia
2. Perfect Pass ProBiotic and PreBiotic - Prebiotics & Probiotics together and improve the diversity of your good bacteria daily
3. Perfect Pass Digestive Enzymes - help digest proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and cellulosic materials.
4. Primal Defense Ultra - supports normal intestinal comfort and function‚ and promotes healthy intestinal elimination regularity and consistency
5. UltraInflamX Plus 360° - Advanced Support for the Nutritional Management of Compromised Gut Function in IBD
6. Reg'Activ Detox & Liver Health with ME-3 - revolutionary probiotic strain Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3. Studied for over 20 years, ME-3 has been found to support healthy glutathione levels
7. Serrapeptase - a proteolytic enzyme that is produced commercially in the laboratory and it is isolated from the microorganism, Serratia E15
8. Spectra 303-T - high quality, thyroxine-free glandular extract with L-tyrosine, iodine, and other nutrients to support healthy thyroid function. Research shows that L-tyrosine and iodine are critical for the production of the thyroid hormones, thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3)