Candida Test That Dr OZ Likes
Dr Oz told us about an excellent way to test and see if you may have a problem with yeast overgrowth or Candida. The test is very easy to do. There is also a questionnaire that you can use to evaluate your symptoms.
Here’s how to do the Candida Saliva Test.
1 The night before at bedtime, pour bottled or purified water into a clear glass and set it down next to your bed. 2 First thing in the morning, work up some saliva and spit it into the glass of water. 3 Then check every 15 minutes for 1 hour. 4 Under normal circumstances your saliva should disappear in the water. 5 However, if you have a Candida overgrowth issue, you will see any one of these three formations:
- a Strings like jellyfish traveling down from the saliva, which floats on top.
- b Particles or cloudy specks suspended in the water.
- c Cloudy saliva sinking to the bottom of the glass.
Please remember that these two Candida tests are offered as educational tools and as estimated values only. These tests and scores do not replace evaluation by a healthcare professional.
Candida Overgrowth Appraisal
There are 2 sets of questions
Start with these:
FIRST SET OF CANDIDA QUESTIONS:
– I have silver, mercury amalgam dental fillings.
– I have been vaccinated in the past 5 years.
All other questions refer to the past year only.
– I am shaky or irritable when hungry.
– I have trouble concentrating.
– I feel helpless at times.
– Feel weak all over.
– Crave alcohol (beer, wine, spirits).
– Have taken birth control pills.
– Lost or decreased sexual desire.
– Seem to have lost interest in life.
– React badly to cigarette fumes.
– React badly to chemical fumes.
– Symptoms worse on damp/muggy days.
– Have persistent prostatitis or vaginitis.
– Have taken hydrocortisone type products.
– Have had athlete’s foot and/or jock itch.
– Have cramps with periods.
– My stomach gets sore all over.
– Ears itch at times.
– Bladder infections.
– Urinary frequency or urgency.
– Vaginal discharge.
– More nervous than usual.
– Often dizzy or lightheaded.
– Heart beats fast.
– Constipation and/or diarrhea.
– Mouth ulcers.
Make note of the total from the First Set of Candida Questions ____
Now look at the second set of questions and make note of your answers
– I crave sugar, desserts or chocolate.
– Crave breads and/or pastries.
– Have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
– Feel tired most of the time.
– Feel “spacey” and unreal.
– Took antibiotics in the past few years.
– Have premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
– Have allergic symptoms often.
– Strong perfumes make me sick.
– Have had skin or nail fungus.
– Have trouble thinking clearly.
– Notice numbness or tingling.
– Get stomach pains.
– Have chronic rashes or itching.
– Have nausea and sick stomach.
– My joints ache at times.
– Muscles ache more often.
– Have depression fairly often.
– Have headaches frequently.
– Have chronic fatigue syndrome.
– Have type 2 diabetes.
– Am significantly overweight.
– Have psoriasis.
– Have mitral valve prolapse.
– Have nasal congestion, postnasal drip.
– Cough often, or have recurrent bronchitis.
– Bruise easily.
Write down the total from Second Set of Candida Questions ____
Now transfer your results below from the first and second sets to see your estimated total yeast overgrowth score.
First Set of Candida Questions: x 1 = ___
Second Set of Candida Questions: x 2 = ____
Grand Total: ___
Now evaluate your score
Below 6: No yeast overgrowth
7 to 12: Minimal yeast overgrowth
13 to 20: Moderate yeast overgrowth
21 and higher: Severe yeast overgrowth
If you have yeast overgrowth, consider using effective homeopathic remedies.