Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
from Jane Rosen’s Kitchen
This hearty lentil vegetable soup recipe is one of my favorite dishes that I can always rely on. Everyone seems to love the taste. I use lots of vegetables that blend so deliciously with the lentils and the outcome is truly a hearty nourishing soup that is very satisfying indeed.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 teasp Marjoram
- 1 teasp Thyme
- 4-5 cups broth, (veggie or chicken)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (she uses the fire-roasted kind)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or spinach or other greens)
- 1 cup lentils (wash first)
- salt to taste.
Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe Method:
- Heat oil in soup pot.
- Chop onion and carrots for 3-5 minutes.
- Add herbs and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add broth, lentils, parsley, tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered for 45 minutes (or until lentils are tender).
- Remove from heat.
- If you wish, add a splash of sherry or apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- Best if you let it stand for about 20 minutes.