Most people will benefit from supplementing their diet with digestive enzymes. Some of the immediate benefits you’ll notice are regular bowel movements, decreased gas, speedier emptying of the stomach, feeling less full after meals.
Enzymes are found naturally in raw fruits and vegetables. Once they are cooked or processed the enzymes are lost.
How Can You Get More Digestive Enzymes?
- Eat raw food
- Supplement with digestive enzymes before each meal
- Supplement with proteolytic digestive enzymes on an empty stomach
6 More Reasons to Supplement with Digestive Enzymes
- Increase the amount of nutrients your body can utilize
- Help break down your food to be utilized by your good gut bacteria.
- Give your overworked, weary digestive processes a vacation so it can rest and rebuild
- Strengthens weakened digestion caused by a less than perfect diet, eating processed foods and stress of a modern lifestyle.
- Combat the decline of our enzymes which occurs naturally in aging. Our digestive enzymes drop to about 50% starting as early as age 30.
- Helps the immune system control pathogens and parasites by reducing bacteria and improving circulation
- Back in 2004, research from the National Enzyme Company showed that taking supplements of enzymes improves digestion.
Here’s what’s really strange:
The study found that availability of glucose increased 400% in the healthy digestive system mode, and 700% in a model for impaired digestion.
The findings provided scientific confirmation for what we only previously suspected from patients telling us: