Did you know that it’s recommended to get prebiotic soluble fiber in your diet every day?
When you take probiotics you really have to make sure you are feeding them as well.
Probiotics feed on and grow on prebiotic soluble fiber.
How can you add prebiotics soluble fiber to your diet?
- Through whole uncooked plants such as chicory, jerusalem artichokes, garlic, onion and leeks
- Through fermented foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha and home made yogurt
Truthfully, though, most people don’t eat these foods on a daily basis.
That leaves the third method of getting necessary soluble fiber and that’s through a daily supplement.
According to a study by the Stanford Medical School, if we don’t get enough soluble fiber every day to feed our bacteria, the bacteria will obtain it on their own through breaking down the cells that form the tight junction in our intestinal lining. That’s right, they will start devouring these cells.
What happens when we don’t get enough Prebiotic Fiber?
Leaky Gut. This is when gut impermeability happens. Basically, harmful toxins from the foods we eat go into our bloodstream and cause us to feel sick by triggering an inflammatory response in our body.
What are the three reasons to supplement with Prebiotic Fiber?
1. An Increase in Healthful Bacteria
- Selective stimulation of the growth and/or activity of one or a limited number of intestinal bacteria associated with health and well-being
- Resistance to gastric acidity and digestive enzymes, which enables prebiotic soluble fiber to survive until it gets to the large intestine
- Fermentation (digestion) by intestinal bacteria
Research shows that supplementing with a variety of dietary soluble fibers types results in increases in Bifidobacteria, Lactobacillus, or both. These and other healthful bacteria improve health in a variety of ways.
By feeding on prebiotic soluble fiber, their primary food source, they increase in number and metabolic activity, which as a result produces short-chain fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants, and bacteriocins.
Short-chain fatty acids do a number of significant things:
- One type of short-chain fatty acid feeds the cells that make up the gut lining, helping to keep the cells healthy and thus supporting their barrier function. This type of short-chain fatty acid also regulates these cells’ growth and differentiation—factors that may contribute to the fatty acid’s role in helping to reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Other short-chain fatty acids are absorbed and transported to the liver, where they favorably affect glucose metabolism and also appear to inhibit cholesterol synthesis and regulate the deposit of fat.
Peter Swann, MD, FAAFP, FACOEM,
2. Improved Immunity
In elderly adults, supplementation with prebiotics showed an increase in natural killer cell activity:
- increase production of an anti-inflammatory substance;
- decrease production of two pro-inflammatory substances;
According to the author of one review article on prebiotic soluble fiber, many animal and human studies suggest that some aspects of innate and adaptive immunity of the gut and the entire immune system are positively affected by prebiotic supplementation.*
*Lomax AR et al., “Prebiotics, immune function, infection and inflammation: a review of the evidence,” The British Journal of Nutrition, vol. 101, no. 5 (March 2009): 633–658
3. Help for Complex Bowel Conditions
Prebiotic supplementation can offer significant help to people who face more challenging gastrointestinal conditions and may help to improve symptoms of IBS and IBD crohns and colitis.
In addition, prebiotic soluble fiber improves inflammatory conditions and the body’s response to certain infections. These “prebiotic effects” make this natural, non-invasive supplementation a smart choice.
Use Perfect Pass Prebiotic if you have any of the following:
- high cholesterol,
- digestive issue
- before and after antibiotic use
Take Advantage of our Special Promotion.
Buy Perfect Pass Prebiotic with Perfect Pass Probiotic and save when you get 15% off Perfect Pass Probiotic
Buy Perfect Pass Probiotic with Dr Ohhira’s Professional Probiotics or Dr Ohhira’s Original Probiotics, VSL#3 Probiotic Caps or VSL3 Unflavored Probiotic Packets, Primal Defense Ultra or Primal Defense Regular and SAVE 10%