Why do thousands of people take Korean Ginseng every day?
Korean (Panax Ginseng) is the most widely used and studied ginseng in the world. It is known in many Asian countries as the “king of all herbs”. Almost 3,000 research articles on Korean ginseng have been published to date. It’s the Ginsenosides that are the active ingredients that trigger the over-all benefits of Korean Ginseng.
Ginseng is one of the few herbs and natural supplements on the market which naturally contains as many antioxidants and healthy plant saponins as it does. Because it provides a boost to the liver and blood filtration systems, the body’s efficiency at processing lactic acid (which can build up in muscles, causing body fatigue) is improved. Olympic gold athletes swear that they notice increase in stamina and vitality.
1. It has been shown to stimulate the entire body to overcome stress, fatigue and weakness, resulting in optimal performance and delivering of nutrients to the body that generates a sense of relaxation and well-being.
2. The ginsenosides found in Korean ginseng enhances memory and improves cognitive abilities, making it useful in the treatment of poor concentration, sluggish mental function, poor memory, insomnia and anxiety. Many students take this kind of ginseng while studying and taking tests as it sharpens concentration and memory and makes learning new subjects much easier.
3. Ginseng strengthens the immune systems and enhances the body’s ability to fight against diseases and allergies by stimulating the production of interferon.
4. Korean ginseng is used to treat stomach disorders such diarrhea, poor appetite, nausea, vomiting and indigestion.
5. It enhances the body’s ability to fight against diseases and allergies by stimulating the production of interferon. It thus helps prevent colds, flu.
6. It has been shown to fight against some forms of cancer, as well as being effective in lowering high blood sugar levels as well as blood cholesterol.
7. Korean ginseng relaxes the lungs and prevents constriction of the airways. It can be taken as a remedy for asthma and other types of lung problems.
8. Panax ginseng has been shown to be effective in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, as suggested by a 2002 study from the Journal of Urology. In tests on 45 men with erectile dysfunction, those who took Panax ginseng for eight weeks showed greater improvements than those given a placebo for the same time period. In an earlier study of 90 men with erectile dysfunction, 60% of the participants reported improvement in their symptoms compared with 30 percent of those using the placebo. The study was published in the International Journal of Impotence Research.
9. Korean ginseng is very popular for seniors as it is thought to prevent senility. It’s strengthening and energizing effects are important to keep the body active well into old age. It has a very positive effect in making the whole body healthy. When you take it daily, it balances all of the systems in the body.
10. Ginseng helps Diabetes. A 2008 study published in “Nutrition, Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Diseases” showed that Panax ginseng aids in diabetes management. The study involved 19 people with well-controlled type 2 diabetes. Compared to those given a placebo for 12 weeks, study members who took Panax ginseng supplements for the same time period experienced greater improvements in blood sugar control.