GERD (Acid Reflux)
Acid reflux is a multi-billion dollar disease and drugs to reduce stomach acid are some of the most frequently prescribed medications in the United States.
Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid, Aciphex and Protonix slow the enzymes that transport acid into the lining of the stomach. Others, like Zantac, Pepcid, Axid and Tagamet inhibit the histamine which makes cells create more acid.
But none of these solve the acid reflux problem.
Acid reflux (GERD) is not caused by excess acid in your system. It is caused by the failure of the Lower Esophageal sphincter valve, that separates your esophagus from your stomach, and allows acid to flow back from your stomach into your esophagus creating heartburn and general discomfort.
Acid reflux responds extremely well to a natural approach. It is very effective and does not carry the risks of long term acid medications that can cause calcium deficiencies, food-borne intestinal infections and an overgrowth of intestinal bacteria that is associated with pneumonia, vitamin B12 deficiency and even stomach cancer.
Dr. Pam Recommends:
- PerfectPass Probiotic is a bacillus type, human strain probiotic supplement. Human strain probiotics are recognized by the body and will flourish in the gut. It is guaranteed to survive stomach acid 100% of the time. Only 1-2 daily is needed per day.
- At the same time use 4 gm of PerfectPass Prebiotic 2 x daily. This is the natural fertilizer for probiotics. It does not feed bad bacteria or cause side effects. It it the one supplement that increases diversity of probiotics.
- Glutagenics 60 Servings (MET1500) features key ingredients for a healthy intestinal lining.
- Primal Defense (GAN1036) a broad spectrum soil based probiotic that also promotes intestinal health.
- Visbiome (VIS1000) is another alternative. It is a medical food that also promotes intestinal health, particularly in patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Zinlori Tablets (MET9900) relieves gastric discomforts associated with Gerd.