If you have Lactose Intolerance, your body cannot easily digest lactose, a type of natural sugar found in milk and dairy products. Some cannot tolerate any dairy products, but most can eat small amounts of dairy without problems. Lactose Intolerance is not a food allergy to milk.
When undigested lactose moves through the large intestine it can cause uncomfortable symptoms like gas, belly pain, bloating and diarrhea. In the small intestine, lactose intolerance occurs if the small intestine does not make enough Lactase, an enzyme needed to break down and digest lactose.
Lactose intolerance often runs in families and usually develops in the teen or adult years. Symptoms usually occur within 30 minute to two hours after eating or drinking dairy products.
Lactose Intolerance responds well to a combination of natural supplements and a change of diet.
Dr. Pam recommends:
- Genova Lactose Intolerance Breath Test (GSD4000) is a simple home test to determine if you are lactose intolerant.
- PerfectPass Prebiotics (PSN1000) is made from Partially Hydrolized Guar Gum PHGG that helps to increase the diversity of the existing probiotics in your gut.
- PerfectPass Probiotics (PSN2000) spore-based 100% resistant to stomach acid. and is human strain. It is therefore recognized by the body and you only take one per day to build up diversity and help counteract growth of bad bacteria.
- Dr.Ohira’s OMX probiotic (OMX1200) increases lactose tolerance.
- Ecology Health Center Cookbook (EHC2000) has delicious dairy-free recipes.