Often called “pre-natal” vitamins, these supplements provide much more.
In addition to serving as a back-up for any nutritional gaps in your diet, prenatal supplements can help reduce the risk for some birth defects, pre-term birth and low birth-weight babies -- while helping you to maintain your own health during pregnancy.
Although nutrition experts agree that a healthy diet is the ideal way to get the nutrients that you and your baby require, most women in their childbearing years do not get the vitamins and minerals they require and during pregnancy these requirements increase.
Dr. Pam Recommends:
- Kind Organics Pre-Natal (GAN9612) is made from real whole food: organic fruits, veggies and herbs. It helps fetal development and prepares your body for childbirth.
- Garden of Life Multivitamin Raw Prenatal (GAN1467) may be taken during pre-conception, pregnancy and lactation. It is is raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and has no soy allergens.
- B12 Vitamin and Folic Acid (NUT1000) Folic acid is extremely important during pregnancy. Liquid form is so easy to take.
- Be sure to take add green food to your diet to ensure an alkaline gut environment. Perfect Food powder (GAN2000) can easily be added to a smoothie
- Essential Fatty Acids are very important. ProOmega 2000 is a an excellent source.
- Vegiezyme (PBI5704) taken at meals will help to optimize assimilation of your food.