Please note: Due to the weight and special handling required, a handling fee for this supplement is applied at check out.
VSL#3 112.5 Billion Bacteria Probiotic (2 Pack) - 60 capsVSL4000
VSL#3 helps improve digestive function.
VSL helps with increased absorption of nutrients and reducing intestinal permeability.
VSL#3 is able to provide a defensive barrier in the GI system.
Why VSL#3 ?
- VSL#3 contains billions (not millions) of probiotic bacteria
- VSL#3 consists of eight (8) different strains of bacteria in particular concentrations to promote favorable intestinal diversity.
- VSL capsules contain 112.5 billion strains each.
- VSL#3 is known to be supported by scientific evidence. Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies using patented VSL#3 preparations have been published in top peer-reviewed journals.
Note: This is the two pack kit. Two bottles for increased savings. 120 capsules total, in two bottles. Each capsule contains 112.5 billion strains.
Eight strains of live freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria:
-L. Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus
Serving Size and Dosage for VSL#3: Each serving (2 capsules) contain at least 225 billion live probiotic bacteria. Each bottle contains 60 capsules. Each individual capsule contains at least 112.5 billion live probiotic bacteria
Recommended dosage: 2-8 capsules daily depending on condition.
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, and vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose).
Please note: Though the manufacturer allows VSL#3 to be stored for two weeks at room temperature and exposed to heat, we take extra care to ship VSL#3 with thermal and an ice pack. We only ship VSL#3 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, unless Overnight or Second Day Air is selected. Though we do not recommend shipping VSL on Thursday, or Friday, we can, if necessary, and requested.
VSL#3 is Gluten Free, Kosher and Halal certified.
Shelf Life: Two years from manufacturing date when stored properly (36-46° F or 2-8° C)
Storage: All types of VSL#3 should be refrigerated (36-46° F or 2-8° C). VSL#3 may be stored at room temperature (77° F) for up to two weeks without adversely affecting potency
I absolutely love this product! My entire family uses VSL and our digestive issues are completely a thing of the past!!. - Anonymous
I have IBS since I have been taking VSL3 regularly my life has eally changed for the better. - Anonymous
I have struggled with IBS for years-missed work,events,family time all from being so sick so often. - Mia
I just lovehow VSL3 has changed my life - I am not tied to the bathroom anynore - why don't medical doctors tell you about these simple methods to con. - Anonymous
i take vsl3 every day. - Anonymous
Read All Reviews
Login and write a review or Write an anonymous review
According to Medicine.net, a probiotic is "a microbe that protects its host and prevents disease."
VSL#3 studies show that:
- VSL#3 provides a protective barrier in the intestinal digestive system.
- The way VSL#3 works is by taking hold or colonizing in the digestive tract with an ideal number and type of probiotic or good bacteria. These good flora, stick to the walls of the gut wall and actually form a protective barrier on the inner layer of the digestive tract that protects it from pathogens. Bad bacteria, yeast and other organisms give off toxic substances and these can result in a lessening in the number as well as the type of bacteria in the intestine. This affect people's intestinal health dramatically.
- There are thousand of billions of bacteria that live in the human intestinal tract. These bacteria are called commensal bacteria. The way that we can modify the gut flora in a positive way, is to 'flood' the GI tract with 'loading' doses i.e. extremely large numbers of probiotic bacteria. VSL#3 is a probiotic preparation that does deliver enough good flora (bacteria) to benefit the GI tract in patients with serious intestinal disorders like pouchitis and colitis and crohns disease.
- They have shown that VSL#3 probiotic bacteria definitely make it all the way through the digestive tract, even if some amount is lost during transit.