Essential Fatty Acids
Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are the "good fats" that we hear so much about in the media because of their positive health benefits. They are essential to human health, but cannot be synthesized by the body and must be obtained through diet.
There are two types of fatty acids essential to humans for good health: Omega-3s (alpha-linolenic acid) and Omega-6s (lino lenic acid). These should not be confused with fats that merely provide the body with fuel.
Essential fatty acids are needed for biological process are very useful in inflammatory conditions like Crohn's Disease and Colitis, IBS, Leaky Gut, Diverticulitis and arthritis, strengthening the immune system and decreasing allergy responses.
Essential Fatty Acids EFAs are also known to lower high blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, regulate diabetes by stabilizing insulin and blood sugar levels, and can relieve water retention.
Dr Pam recommends:
- Pro Omega LDL Nordic Naturals is a synergistic blend of natural substances shown to support cardiovascular health. Made from purified deep sea fish oils it includes red yeast rice scientifically proven to support healthy cholesterol levels.
- Essential Formulas Dr Ohhira's Vegetarian provides an ideal balance of Omega-3, Omega-6, (especially GLA) and Omega-9 Oleic Acid. It builds hormones, maintains nervous system function, promotes the immune system, and assures that cell membranes let the nutrients in and the wastes out.
- Nordic Naturals ProOmega & D3 provides a high concentration of essential omega 3 fats with added natural vitamin D. This supports a strong immune function and bone health.
- Nordic Naturals ProDHA is a high concentration supplement that contains added strawberry flavor in both the gelatin and fish to ensure adequate intake of the essential brain nutrient, DHA.
- Nordic Naturals ProOmega contains 70% pure Omega-3, and is purified through molecular distillation. Its high concentration of EPA and DHA supports cardiovascular and mental health, including heart, mood, joints and skin.
- Garden of Life Omega 3 Oceans goes beyond Omega 3 fish oil and gives the added benefit of OmegaXanthin, which provides two ocean based anti-oxidants for amplified benefits.
Essential Fatty Acids
Nordic Naturals ProEFA 3,6,9 90 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $24.95
Nordic Naturals DHA Junior 180 soft gels 250 mg eachRetail: $23.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega 60 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $27.95
Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil 90 soft gel capsRetail: $22.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega 120 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $49.95
Nordic Naturals ProEPA 120 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $50.95
Essential Formulas Dr Ohhira's Vegetarian EFA's 60 capsRetail: $32.95
Nordic Naturals ProEFA 3,6,9 180 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $47.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega 180 gel caps 1000 mg eachRetail: $69.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega Junior 90 soft gels 500mg eachRetail: $29.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega CoQ10 60 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $38.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega & D3 60 soft gels 1000 mg eachRetail: $28.95
Nordic Naturals ProOmega Blood Sugar 60 Soft Gels 1000mgRetail: $26.95
Garden of Life Omega 3 Oceans 3 Beyond 60 SoftgelsRetail: $32.39
Garden of Life Better Brain Oceans 3 90 SoftgelsRetail: $49.69
Genova Lab ONE* Profile Optimal Nutritional Evaluation-UrineRetail: $1,336.00
Garden of Life Healthy Hormones Oceans 3 90 SoftgelsRetail: $48.61
Nordic Naturals Balanced Omega w/ Evening Primrose Oil and Omega 3 (500 mg) - 180 soft gelsRetail: $29.95