We match any price
on the internet
support when you
- SHOP ALL CATEGORIES
- Acid Reflux
- Crohn's Disease
- Crohn's Disease in Children
- Intestinal Permeability
- Lactose Intolerance
- Leaky Gut Disease
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Ulcerative Colitis
The Crohns.net Crohn's Disease and Colitis Protocol
The Crohns.net approach addresses several factors that all influence digestive functioning:
- reduce inflammation , -reduce pathogenic organisms in the gut -improve nutritional absorption by supplementing the diet with essential nutrients and modifying personal food selection to promote healing.
For the past fifteen years health professionals at Crohns.net been successfully assisting to reduce symptoms of people with Crohns Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Disease, Diverticulitis, Leaky gut, GERD. We witness a great deal of improvement when using the supplements that form the basis of our suggested Crohn's Disease Supplement Protocol.
Take these simple steps outlined as our Crohn's and Colitis Protocol to start you on the road to recovery.
Each complements the other as they work together in harmony to address the different aspects of your condition.
Crohn's Disease & Colitis Protocol
- Begin by using an anti-inflammatory product/s:
- Then slowly add in probiotics like:
which are superior probiotic formulas. In fact, VSL#3 Research shows 77% remssion for Colitis.
They have anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties.
Remember that is is important to work up to taking loading doses so that you flood your digestive tract with friendly bacteria.
- Make dietary changes. Watch what you're eating, making sure that you do not feed the very critters you are trying to get rid of.
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) has been used successfully to reduce symptoms of Crohns Disease and is well described.
- Other recipe books to choose from are:EHC Cookbook,
- Recipes for Specific Carbohydrate Diet and
- Crohns, Colitis, Celiac, IBS Recipe Book
- Be sure to include Essential Fatty Acids. They are called essential because you absolutely have to have these fatty acids to live and be healthy; your body cannot make them from other substances. EFAs are very useful in helping all inflammatory conditions like Crohn's Disease, IBS and arthritis. They strengthen the immune system and decrease allergy responses.
- Also consider using enzymes. When they are taken with your meals, they help digest the food. When taken between meals, they help repair the digestive tract:
- RAW Enzymes Women - Digestive enzyme tailored for Women
- RAW Enzymes Men - Digestive enzyme tailored for Men
- Omegazyme - Digestive enzyme
- Omegazyme Ultra - High potency
- Vegiezymes - Plant enzymes
- Wobenzym N - Immune support
- It is important to maintain an alkaline pH to provide the optimal environment for friendly bacteria to multiply and thrive. This is achieved by supplementing with green foods. See Perfect food Capsules and Aloe Greens food powder.
What is Crohn's Disease & Colitis
Crohn's Disease usually causes ulcers (open sores) along the length of the small and large intestines. Crohn's Disease either spares the rectum, or causes inflammation or infection with drainage around the rectum.
Ulcerative colitis usually causes ulcers in the lower part of the large intestine, often starting at the rectum.
Crohns Disease is named after the physician, Dr Crohn, who first described the disease in 1932.
Crohns is also known as Granulomatous enteritis,
Regional enteritis, or Terminal ileitis. It is found in
men and women alike, often affecting young patients in their teens or
early twenties. Once Crohns disease begins, it tends to be a chronic,
recurrent condition with periods of remission followed by periods of
exacerbation. There is a tendency for familial members to suffer with
Crohn's Disease. Crones Disease is not contagious.
Causes of Crohn's Disease & Colitis
The cause of Crohn's Disease and Colitis is not clearly understood.
- Many scientists suspect that infection by certain bacteria, such as strains of mycobacterium, may be the cause of Crohn's Disease & Colitis.
- Dietary changes have been shown to positively reduce the symptoms related to Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Scientists continue to research the possibility of diet being responsible for the onset of the disease.
Crohn's Disease and Colitis is also thought to be related to abnormalities in the response of the body's immune system to its bowel contents. The immune system is composed of cells and proteins that protect the body from infections or other foreign invaders. Usually, no immune response will be directed against food, bacteria, and other substances in the intestines.
In Crohn's Disease and Colitis sufferers, the immune system reacts to a variety of substances and/or bacteria in the intestines, causinginflammation and ulceration.
- There maybe a genetic component to an immune response.
- Brothers, sisters, sons and daughters are more likely to develop Crohn's Disease. Also, certain genetic chromosome markers have been found in patients with Crohn's Disease.
Symptoms of Crohn's Disease and Colitis
Crohn's Disease often involves the terminal ileum. which is located adjacent the appendix. This results in right-sided abdominal pain and tenderness mimicking appendicitis. The pain can also be cramp-like in nature, and may indicate obstruction of the bowel.
Diarrhea - A symptom of Crohns Disease and Colitis
Diarrhea is also common in Inflammatory Bowel Disease ie Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. This may be due to partial bowel obstruction, excessive growth of bacteria in the small bowel, poor absorption of nutrients and bile acids as well as inflammation of the large intestine. It may contain blood. Rectal bleeding is common while massive bleeding (hemorrhage) is rare. Approximately one third of patients with Crohn's Disease have symptoms involving the anal area. Ulcerative Colitis often involves the rectum and anal regiions
Intestinal Complications - Another Symptom of Crohn's Disease & Colitis
Intestinal complications of Crohn's Disease include bowel obstruction, bowel perforation, formation of pus collections (abscesses), fistulae, cancer of the bowel and intestinal hemorrhage. Extra-intestinal complications include tender, raised, reddish skin nodules and inflammation of many areas; the joints, spine, eyes, liver and the bile ducts that drain the liver.
Bowel Obstruction from Crohn's Disease & Colitis
As scarring progresses in Crohn's Disease & Colitis, it results in narrowing of the bowel. Obstruction may occur acutely by the eating a poorly digestible fruit or vegetables that plugs up the already narrowed segment of the intestine. Symptoms of obstruction include cramping, abdominal pain, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting.
As the inflammatory ulcer burrows through the bowel wall, it may affect adjacent areas, forming:
- abscesses, which result in symptoms of spiking fevers and tender abdominal masses; or
- fistulae, which result in recurrent urinary infections or discharge of pus through small openings in the skin of the abdomen.
Differentiate between IBD (Crohn's Disease and Colitis) from other similar diseases
home stool test from Genova Laboratory (aka Great Smokies Lab) will give you in depth
insight into your digestive function and gut microbial ecology. This
easy-to-administer, home stool test offers a noninvasive way to differentiate
between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, (also known as IBD -
Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
It includes an expanded bacteria, yeast and parasite panel, a reliable assessment of exocrine pancreatic function, and a noninvasive risk assessment for colorectal cancer.
If bacteria, yeast or parasites are detected, they are grown out to establish which natural products and medical drugs will inhibit their growth.
Determine your body's acid / alkaline balance
A simple Litmus paper test used daily can help you assess your body's acid/alkaline balance. Hyperacidity is associated with diarrhea, Candida, gastritis and arthritis. Thereforre, it is important to keep the pH at around 6.5 and up.
Need more about Crohn's Disease?
Read more about Crohn's Disease here.
Natural supplements can make permanent changes to the intestinal environment, allowing the gut lining to heal
and reduce the day to day symptoms of Crohns Disease and Colitis. There are no side
effects. The symptoms of Crohns disease and Colitis diminish slowly when using the
Protocol outlined on our website, as the intestines become less inflamed and start to heal.
Crohn's Disease and Colitis in Children
It is estimated that one in every 800 US
children has Crohn's Disease - More